top of page

Request Quote



Email Address*




self employed accountant

Sole Traders

Bookkeeping from your own dedicated accountant

Tax optimisation and estimates

Self-assessment prepared and filed

Xero accounting - we offer reduced prices for Xero software

Free Quickbooks bookkeeping software

More info about sole traders and self employed


In a partnership, you and your partner (or partners) personally share responsibility for your business

This includes:

  • any losses your business makes
  • bills for things you buy for your business, like stock or equipment

Partners share the business’s profits, and each partner pays tax on their share.

A partner does not have to be an actual person. For example, a limited company counts as a ‘legal person’ and can also be a partner.

When you set up a business partnership you need to:

  • choose a name
  • choose a ‘nominated partner’
  • register with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

The ‘nominated partner’ is responsible for managing the partnership’s tax returns and keeping business records.

You must register your partnership for Self Assessment with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you’re the ‘nominated partner’. This means you’re responsible for sending the partnership tax return.

The other partners need to register separately. You must register by 5 October in your business’s second tax year, or you could be charged a penalty.

All partners also need to send their own tax returns as individuals

You must also register for VAT if your VAT taxable turnover is more than £85,000. You can choose to register if it’s below this, for example to reclaim VAT on business supplies

Get in touch with us for more detailed information

bottom of page